Community Garden and Pavilion Reservation Contacts:
Kathy Burns, Town Councilman Phone: 607-769-7163 firstname.lastname@example.org Erica Giambra, Town Clerk Phone: 607-868-4222 Fax: 607-868-4010
- To provide a serene area in our community for interaction among generations • To encourage opportunities for community building activities
- To beautify space within the community
- To produce a harvest that can be used for educational purposes and/or donations to the local food pantry/community senior residents.
- Kathy Burns, Pulteney Town Councilman: 607-769-7163 or email@example.com • Pulteney Town Clerk: 607-868-4222
- In kind donations from business or public/private entities
- Cash donations from individuals or businesses
- Grant acquisition
- Regular monthly meetings will be held at 6pm on the second Thursday of the month from April thru September at the Pulteney Town Hall on County Route 74 or at the garden site (weather permitting)
- Work days will be scheduled as needed on Saturdays from 9am-12pm at the garden site on County Route 74 next to the Ambulance building
Community Garden and Pavilion Guidelines and Rules
- Permission must be granted to conduct parties, educational activities, or other events by contacting the above listed individuals.
- No chemicals of any kind are allowed to be used on the site. Organic pesticides are allowed if they do not require extended time to dissipate before consumption. • Only organic fertilizers and mulch are permitted.
- No motorized vehicles of any kind are allowed in the garden area due to possible fluid leaks that could cause contamination of the soil. Special circumstances include lawncare equipment and delivery vehicles.
- This is a carry-in carry-out facility. If you create any garbage while you are visiting, you are expected to take it with you upon departure.
- The use of tobacco products at the garden is strictly prohibited. This includes cigarettes and chewing tobacco.
- Alcohol and illegal drugs are strictly prohibited on all town property which includes the garden space and pavilion.
- Pets are allowed but you must pick up (and remove) your pet’s waste. Pets must be kept on a 6’ leash.
- No open fires are allowed except in the charcoal grills provided.
- Please supervise children at all times. Raised beds and other structures may be hazards to younger children at play.
- Weeds are the responsibility of the members and planters. If you have created a space in the garden, you are responsible for caring for that space or your privilege maybe revoked.
Guidelines for planting a bed:
- Planting space must be in designated areas approved by the contact individual. • Your assigned planting space is your responsibility and you must follow the rules and guidelines mentioned in this document.
- No plants will be allowed that encroach on other spaces or in designated walkways. • Contact individual/garden committee have the right to revoke planting privileges if rules and guidelines are not adhered to during or after the harvest or blooming season.
- You cannot expand beyond your designated space without written permission. • Any vegetation planted must be legally allowed by law. No invasive species permitted.
Who is allowed to participate?
- Any community member or business may plant a space in the garden with the written permission of the contact individual and by meeting specific guidelines. • Any bed not clearly marked for sponsorship is available to any community member for consumption and use.
Sponsorship of beds:
- Anyone can sponsor a specific bed to be reserved solely for themselves, a family, business, or another individual or group. We request a $25 donation. • Sponsor will be able to personalize the bed with non-offensive decorations or display branding materials. No decorating may permanently alter raised beds. • Sponsored beds may be planted with any legally consumable products to suit your needs or for donation.
- The pavilion can be used by any community member on a first come/first served basis. • For a special event such as a family reunion, party, meeting, educational event, etc., the pavilion may be reserved for a specific date and time and a sign will be posted indicating that reservation. There is no fee for this reservation, but donations will gladly be accepted. Please fill out the reservation information below. • Picnic tables must not be moved from under the pavilion.
- Charcoal grills are provided, but community members must bring their own supplies (charcoal, cooking tools, etc.). We discourage the use of lighter fluid. Please ensure any charcoal is out before leaving the area.
- Remember that this is a carry-in carry-out facility.